This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf ofBUSH'S® Beans.The opinions and text are all mine.
Healthy,hearty,and delicious crockpot minestrone soup
My parents watched our boys a few weeks ago and got them both small pinwheels which instantly became their new favorite toys.
Unfortunately (for me) it hasn't been particularly windy outside which means I've been enlisted to blow on these pinwheels for way too many hours.(Those pinwheels are not my favorite toy.)
Thankfully,I was able to find a tabletop fan and now we've got a pinwheel"farm"fully operational.And with the time they've spent watching these pinwheels,the once despised toys have now become a favorite for me as well.
And with all the time (and breath) I was able to save (by not having to blow two pinwheels at the same time) I had plenty of time to throw this soup together AND even get a minute to relax BY MYSELF.😱
That never happens…
But even better than a little time alone is this soup.This soup issodelicious,healthy,and very filling!My whole family went crazy for it which is always exciting when there are this many vegetables and protein-packed beans 🙂
Speaking of protein-packed beans,I'm excited to be partnering up withBUSH'S® Beansin the creation of this recipe.This is the third recipe I've shared using their beans and I hope you've loved trying them as much as I've loved creating them 🙂
I truly love BUSH'S® Beans — they've got beans for every dish and every taste;they've got vegetarian,organic,,andreduced-sodium.Since this soup is vegetarian,it's great to ensure the beans are in fact vegetarian!!
The beans are also what 亚博体育下载二维码makes this soup filling and hearty.The beans are packed with protein and fiber making sure you'll stay fuller for longer.
This soup is great in the crockpot,but if you don't have one it can also be made on the stovetop!🙂
Here's how to 亚博体育下载二维码make this Minestrone Soup on the Stovetop:
- Add some olive oil or butter (1-2 tablespoons) to a large dutch oven and add the diced carrots,celery,and onion.Stir around until the vegetables are tender,yabo体育下载appabout 6-8 minutes.Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Stir in the vegetable stock,tomato sauce,diced tomatoes,drained & rinsed beans,and all the seasonings.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat and (cover) and simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- Add the UNCOOKED noodles and cook for yabo体育下载appabout 5-7 minutes or until the noodles and vegetables are tender.
More INCREDIBLE Soup 亚博体育下载Recipes:
- Creamy Vegetable Soup
- Tortilla Soup(Reader Favorite!)
- Sausage,Potato,and Cabbage Soup
- Crockpot Chili(Winner of DOZENS of Chili Cook-offs!)
Healthy,hearty,and delicious crockpot minestrone soup (vegetarian!)
- 1 medium yellow onion,, diced
- 2 large carrots,, diced
- 2 ribs of celery,, chopped
- 2 cans (8 ounce) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic minced
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) BUSH'S® Cannellini Beans,, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) BUSH'S® Organic Dark Red Kidney Beans,, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 onces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes,, undrained
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 4-6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup (uncooked) ditalini pasta
- 1 small zucchini,, coarsely chopped
- 1 and 1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Good crusty bread,, to serve with
In a large (6-quart) crockpot,add the diced onion,diced carrots,chopped celery,tomato sauce,minced garlic,BUSH'S® Cannellini Beans,BUSH'S® Organic Dark Red Kidney Beans,and undrained fire-roasted tomatoes.
Add the sugar,seasonings and salt + pepper to taste (I usually don't add salt until the very end since the stock has a good amount of salt;I add in yabo体育下载appabout 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper).
Add 4 cups of the vegetable stock.If you want a brothy (and less chunky) soup,use 6 cups of vegetable stock.Stir everything together and cover.Cook on low for 5-7 hours or high for 2.5-4 hours (until vegetables are tender and flavors are sufficiently melded).
yabo体育下载appAbout 40 minutes before the soup is fully cooked add in the chopped zucchini.Cover and cook for the remaining 40 minutes.
Cook the pasta (following package directions) on the stovetop until al dente.Alternatively,you can add the uncooked pasta to the crockpot at the same time you add the zucchini.(I prefer the pasta to be cooked separately to 亚博体育下载二维码make sure it's evenly cooked and doesn't get bloated).If you decide to cook the pasta in the crockpot,add an additional two cups of vegetable stock.
Just before serving,stir the spinach into the crockpot and allow it to wilt (3-4 minutes).Ladle the soup into bowls and add a large spoonful of the cooked pasta to individual bowls (stir it in).Add a generous handful of parmesan cheese and serve with crusty bread.
Total time doesn't include the crockpot cook time.